• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Photographer Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LisaV.

Iowa

My fiance and I hired a photographer to take our wedding pictures in May 1999. He showed up for the wedding, took beautiful pictures as well as digital pictures. We viewed our pictures just weeks after the wedding and placed our order approximately one month after the wedding. We did receive our photo album and other pictures that we ordered on time, and also ordered Christmas cards with our wedding picture on them, and received them on time. We paid our bill in full and on time.

However, we should have seen the problem coming. Before our wedding, he would not answer his phone, return a phone call after a message was left on the answering machine, respond to notes left on his door, or respond to e-mails. Eight months after we were married, we attempted to order more pictures from him. We called him, left messages on his answering machine, and sent him numerous e-mails. He never did contact us. Finally, one year after we ordered the pictures (1 year 8 months after we were married), a package arrived in the mail from him. He sent us the wrong pictures. Not only were they not the family pictures we ordered, they were not the right size and were not the right number of pictures. We sent the pictures back to him the very next day, express mail, with a copy of our original e-mail ordering the pictures and a note explaining that he did not get our order correct and we would appreciate the corrected order immediately.

It has now been two years three months since we were married, one and one-half years since we ordered the extra pictures, and we have not heard from him, nor can we get a response from him, nor can we get our pictures.

What legal advice can you give me in requesting my pictures done right and done immediately or getting my negatives and a release letter from him so I can develop my own pictures?

Thank you

C

ceciliamichelle

LisaV-Hiring a photogragher isn't a easy job. Did you ask the photogragher if they had any other professional weddings and have references from others that he's done work for?
I would take it to Small Claims Court. And get those proofs before their distroyed!!:eek:

wtd

Did you have a contract with the photographer and if so, does it mention who owns the negatives?

wtd

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">