• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wedding reception contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maelani920

What is the name of your state? California
I contracted a country club for a wedding reception for 10/11/97. Due to unforseen circumstances I had to change the reception date. The date I needed was unavailable. I put a deposit for $700. I was told it was not refundable but that I could use this deposit for another day or event. I was told as long as I have my contract I can rebook for a later date. Company has changed management (same company name) since I last spoke to them. First call, I was told because of change of management they cannot honor my contract. I faxed them a copy of my contract. Second call, they said I can only use $350 of my deposit because of the long time span of the contract. I want to know if my contract is still good after 6 years even if it is still the same company and if it is true that I can only be compensated for half of my deposit.

Z

zappy

you REALLY are desperate for some CASH.......

No this is standard practice for ditzy dumb brides, you lose ALL of your deposit for cancelling a wedding date.....Its NOT that easy to book another wedding or party on the same day and on such short notice, that why they are non-refundable.

But some are nicer about it, and will offer to use the money towards a 2nd date. but usually within 6 months ...

but 6 years geez lady, and they offer you half, what are you nutz? take it and be glad you got anything, I as a dj would laugh at you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">