• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Venue broke contract-worth suing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

YKJ

New York State

I had event at a venue in New York. I was supposed to have valet for the duration of the event (9 hours), the valet left after about 4-5 hours, I am not sure how much the valet portion of the package was worth-I have tried taking it up with the venue to get some sort of compensation for that portion but to no avail. Is it worth it to take to small claims? Thanks in advance
:)

racer72

New York State

I had event at a venue in New York. I was supposed to have valet for the duration of the event (9 hours), the valet left after about 4-5 hours, I am not sure how much the valet portion of the package was worth-I have tried taking it up with the venue to get some sort of compensation for that portion but to no avail. Is it worth it to take to small claims? Thanks in advance
:)
Did you incur other expenses due to this, such as hiring another valet?

YKJ

Hi Racer,

Thanks for the reply. I definitely did not incur any additional expenses at the time because there was no time to hire an additional valet at the time. I guess my concern is, my contract indicated I would get something that I in essence did not get, I paid the full amount of the contract but did not get the full time I was supposed to get for valet. There was also no notification of this, they just left. Any further advice is appreciated. Thanks

RRevak

Hi Racer,

Thanks for the reply. I definitely did not incur any additional expenses at the time because there was no time to hire an additional valet at the time. I guess my concern is, my contract indicated I would get something that I in essence did not get, I paid the full amount of the contract but did not get the full time I was supposed to get for valet. There was also no notification of this, they just left. Any further advice is appreciated. Thanks
What exactly did your contract state (word for word minus names) regarding valet use and duration?

YKJ

Thanks for the reply. It stated exactly the hours (5-2am), then it stated "package selected" then it indicated everything that was included in the package: waiter service, stage,LED, valet service). That's about it

YKJ

I clearly missed the "word for word" part...sorry about that. The contract is in my
Office I will take a look at it Monday and tell u exactly what it said. Thanks again

YKJ

What exactly did your contract state (word for word minus names) regarding valet use and duration?

Hi Rrevak,

Here is what my contract stated:

Patrons Name/Address/Cell Phone Number
Day: Saturday Date; October 4, 2014 Room: Main Ballroom Time: 5pm-2am

The patron agrees to guarantee payment for at least 200 person and agrees that total fee is to be(insert price here). Additional added guests shall be $55/ person. This costs excludes any additional items order by the patrons. Sales tax and service charges will be added to the final bill.

Package selected: venue, waiter service, linens, stage, theme, valet parking, LED
Optional extras; Above price includes sale tax and service charges

The rest of the contract just indicates the payment schedule, the cancellation policy and the damage policy. Any ideas? The valet's took off pretty early, I could see if it was like an hour or so....but there was at least 4 hours left in the event.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">