• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

weightwatchers.com a big FAT ripoff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adkroo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I signed my husband up for the weightwatchers program online Sunday morning and paid $65 with my Visa debit card. He told me later that afternoon that he did not want to do weightwatchers. Fine. So I tried to go online and cancel the membership and they refuse to refund the money. This all happened in less than 24 hours. Isn't there a three day wait period on contracts in which you can change your mind?

Do I have any legal right to demand my money back? They say when I checked the box by the "subscription agreement" that I agreed to no money back. But surely even that sort of contract has a window where you can change your mind!

Thanks in advace for your help!

Moral of the story: don't try to force anyone to go on a diet! :(

HomeGuru

adkroo said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I signed my husband up for the weightwatchers program online Sunday morning and paid $65 with my Visa debit card. He told me later that afternoon that he did not want to do weightwatchers. Fine. So I tried to go online and cancel the membership and they refuse to refund the money. This all happened in less than 24 hours. Isn't there a three day wait period on contracts in which you can change your mind?

Do I have any legal right to demand my money back? They say when I checked the box by the "subscription agreement" that I agreed to no money back. But surely even that sort of contract has a window where you can change your mind!

Thanks in advace for your help!

Moral of the story: don't try to force anyone to go on a diet! :(
**A:read your credit card info on the procedure for disputing a charge. And DO IT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">