• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Can I Do????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsDeeJay

What is the name of your state? Vermont

N.J. Puppy Scam
Case description I purchased a Maltese puppy from a woman who lives at: Caldwell, NJ .07006 and also uses the address: Little Falls NJ, back on March 21, 2003. She had a print out which she called a contract, that stated I paid her 2000.00 for this Maltese. In there I noticed that she put it could take up to 28 weeks to get my papers as the AKC was going through changes. I knew the AKC was going through some changes, but she told me on the phone before I left Vermont that she called the AKC and they told her that they were on their way and she said that they might be there before I arrived from my trip to NJ from VT. They were not there when we arrived. I wrote her frequently to see if the papers for my Maltese had arrived. After My dog had a litter the next month, I sent in the AKC litter registration and received them within 2 weeks, this of course raised my flags! I emailed her and told her that I was a bit confused as I received my papers for my litter quickly. She said she had finally gotten them and would mail them right out. She never did, I wrote to her again and asked where my papers are... she got nasty and said that she would mail them at her convience. She got very nasty with me and my fiancé who is a police officer. After a couple of weeks of not receiving my papers, I went to her website which was disabled and her email was disabled also. I finally decided that I needed to get information about her as she wouldn't even give me her last name. I put an ad on Yahooclassifieds.com http://classifieds.yahoo.com/display/pets?ct_hft=detailnp&intl=&cc=pets&cr=&cids=pets-1058719371-0876521&refsrc=search
and buybelowcost.com http://www.buybelowcost.com/index.asp?action=addetail&from=&adid=91067
asking for information about her. She contacted me within 5 minutes of those ads being posted. She was angry and said I would never see my papers if I did not remove them and she was going to sue me. I informed her that I would not take those ads down as I was entitled to my papers which she advertised within 120 days of purchase under the NJ Puppy Lemon Laws.
She buys puppies buy telling people that she lost her Maltese and would really love to buy theirs. They feel sorry for her and sell these puppies cheap and she turns around and re-sells them. I have been contacted by people who work with closing down puppy mills and found that, that is exactly what she is. She owes money to breeders and has burned buyers and threatens them when she can't get things her way. She uses different alias and email addresses to sell these puppies and has a site called tinypuppies.com . I have 118 emails in reference to this scam, this contains emails from people, ads she has posted in different names and emails she has sent to people posing as buyers. I have saved every email from her to me and emails to other that she has sent.

I have been collecting evidence against this con artist and received this email from a woman who came to me for help: A woman works at the vet's office and purchased one from her with the same story of being scammed and has never seen papers or vaccination schedules. This was a Yorkie purchased born on March 30 in Kentucky. This person had several puppies checked out by this vet and many died soon after of parvovirus. she says her's had a bad case of giardia infection. She said that she has been banned from returning to that vet's office. She also said that they know her and her mother and that they are con artists. She said she too would like to take the person to court.She can be reached at vet's office. Today I called the Bank and tried to put a stop to my wire transfer and they were going to try to do this with possible success. I also called her bank in and they said that there was little they could do, but they would try to investigate whether the funds had been withdrawn. Within hours I got a call from her cell phone stating that she had got a call from her bank and that if I cancelled the wire she would get the puppy back and take me to court. I told her that I had been trying to reach her for 2 weeks and that she had to produce the vaccination records, AKC papers, birth date and breeder's name. She was furious and said that she was in Pittsburg visiting her father and did not get any of my messages. She said that she would e-mail me the vaccination records as soon as possible and the rest of the papers would come later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">