• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What codes govern contractor warranties?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hsperez

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Am I Entitled to a Contractor Warranty? http//real-estate-law.freeadvice.com/real-estate-law/construction/contractor-warranty.htm
This article is very informative and states that contractors have obligations for a one year warranty on workmanship fit finish, a four year warranty on items installed under the contractor's license and a ten year warranty on structural items. Where in the California Civil Code or Business and Professions Codes are these stated?
Thanks in advance.

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Am I Entitled to a Contractor Warranty? http//real-estate-law.freeadvice.com/real-estate-law/construction/contractor-warranty.htm
This article is very informative and states that contractors have obligations for a one year warranty on workmanship fit finish, a four year warranty on items installed under the contractor's license and a ten year warranty on structural items. Where in the California Civil Code or Business and Professions Codes are these stated?
Thanks in advance.
Um...from the 8 paragraphs in your link.
For example, in California, there is a "one year expressed limited warranty" provided under California Civil Code 900. This is a one year implied warranty for both new construction and remodeling projects. The property owner who wishes to take advantage of this warranty must file a complaint within one year.

The owner must notify the contractor in writing of any defects under California Civil Code section 917, and may then file a legal complaint if the contractor fails to act to make repairs within a reasonable time.
I might start there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">