• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carsqueeze

What is the name of your state?
California

I have been in possession of a car since 1993. The car was supposed to be picked up by the lein holder back in 1996. The issue was that the car broke down and at the time I was not able to get the car repaired. I lost my job and got behind on the payments. I told the leinholder of this issue and they told me that "It is not in my bosses best interest to come pick up the car" since the transmission needed repair. The woman asked me if I was aware that if I have the car back, that it would be considered a "voluntary" repossession. I told he yes and to please come get the car. Needless to say, they NEVER came to get the car, however, they did charge the car off on my credit. I just recently filed for bankruptcy and it has been "discharged" already. How do I go about getting the pink slip from the lein holder, since they evidently dont want the car and I am still in possession.
:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">