• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do i do

• Thread starter lilredexpress20
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilredexpress20

What is the name of your state? alabama
my husband went to trucking school,he got a loan with a company in delaware,this company was bought out by another,while this was going on the school he was in had him reapply for the loan with another company, now we have 2 companies with the same loan, who do we pay, is the second one actually legal if their is a previous. either way the school will be paid by both. there is signed contracts with both.
thanks mark

mitchelt

Why did they have you reapply, did they give you a reason?

Was their any indication the first loan did not go through?

On a funny note: your question indicates that is was written by your wife, but it is signed Mark, is Mark a common name for women in Alabama? :) ...sorry, couldn't resist.

Mitch

L

lilredexpress20

hello mitch,
yes you are right i,the wife am writing for my husband,this is his question,what to do. he is a truckdriver and is very seldom home maybe one day or sometimes just half a day aweek. the first company was going bankrupt i believe and were bought out by wells f. at this point the school had him reapply for the loan with company #2. we have paid over 2000.00 to the 2nd comp. and nothing to the first, our first payment was sent to #1 but #2 called and said they were supposed to get the money,so we retracted the money and sent to#2. well #1 says they still have the loan and still have to pay the school when all is settled in court(their situation).#2 supposedly already paid their loan,and the school verified this.#1has sent a copy of their contract,the schooltook my husbands copy of#1s loan.we nowhave copies of both loans again. #1 sent a paper willing to accept a little over 2000
dollars to settle their loan.#2if paid will recieve a little over 16000 for a 6000 loan if we keep paying this one. which one is the legal
loan or are both. can you reapply for a loan with an exsisting loan
for the same thing already filed.
patty

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">