• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the law called

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CWK

I am trying to find the law that pretty much states that a buyer(Online or otherwise) is not entitled to the purchased item AND the money used to pay for it.

They cant keep both. What is the statue for Florida and what would this be called?

justalayman

They have a lot of statues in Florida but I suspect none of them address what you seek. I doubt there is statute addressing it either. It is usually a common law issue sometimes called unjust enrichment but depending on the situation it might be viewed as a few others things as well.

Btw; my phone autocorrect likes to call them statues as well no matter how many times I have used the word statute previously

CWK

They have a lot of statues in Florida but I suspect none of them address what you seek. I doubt there is statute addressing it either. It is usually a common law issue sometimes called unjust enrichment but depending on the situation it might be viewed as a few others things as well.

Btw; my phone autocorrect likes to call them statues as well no matter how many times I have used the word statute previously

Thank you for the correction and the answer......Stupid "auto correct." :)
That makes since as i hear Judge Milian say all the time, "a party cannot be made better, but whole"

Meaning, if I buy something from someone, and I do not like it or its damaged, I cannot keep the item and get a full refund.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">