• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is my responsibility when i am manufacturing a product ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

godhelp

NY First time here so I am apologizing if I posted this in the wrong place. This is what is happening I am am manufacturing A bar for a stroller for a famous company that does not make a bar on a specific model (Talking about where the baby sits he shall be able to hold his hands to be able to hold his balance) 2 things can the company sue me for it And can people sue me for injuries.....

I was thinking of making it raw with out any packaging and market it as a bar that happens to fit this stroller like that it has nothing to do with me Use it on your stroller at your own risk ???

quincy

NY First time here so I am apologizing if I posted this in the wrong place. This is what is happening I am am manufacturing A bar for a stroller for a famous company that does not make a bar on a specific model (Talking about where the baby sits he shall be able to hold his hands to be able to hold his balance) 2 things can the company sue me for it And can people sue me for injuries.....

I was thinking of making it raw with out any packaging and market it as a bar that happens to fit this stroller like that it has nothing to do with me Use it on your stroller at your own risk ???
Far more goes into a product than the making of it and the selling of it.

"Use it on your stroller at your own risk" will not work to prevent a lawsuit. You, as manufacturer, can be held liable for any injuries suffered as a result of the use of your product. You could also be sued by the famous stroller company if you use without authorization their name in the marketing of your product.

I recommend you seek out the help of an attorney in your area before you think of marketing your product to consumers.

quincy

I am having problems with the "edit" feature so instead of adding to my previous post, I will add the following two links here with information for you to review, godhelp.

You might want to explore the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) website to see all that it offers, but it includes the National Injury Information Clearinghouse, the direct link to which I have provided for you below.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission: http://www.cpsc.gov/

National Injury Information Clearinghouse: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/About-CPSC/National-Injury-Information-Clearinghouse/

Just Blue

Love the user name...It is so fitting!! God help the dumb parent that buys a "use at you own risk" for their INFANT. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">