• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liverpool24

I'll keep it brief, I bought a TV for $300 off My girlfriends Mothers partner and 6 months down the line it has broken down, it has inusrance with it which was not really discussed at the time. It came back as unrepairable and we were informed that we would recieve a new tv or voucher for to the value of $850. Great we thought, but now he has found out and decided it was him who paid the extra for the insurance years ago when he bought the set so he will give us the 300 back and keep the voucher for himself whilst leaving us with no tv. Obviously I can see both sides of the arguments but basicaslly do I have any right to keep the stor voucher, the Insurance is still in his name although he allowed me to speak on his behalf when he assumed the set would just be fixed.

liverpool24

You got your money back, don't complain.
Thanks, I wonder if all the advice given on this established and reputable forum is as good as this ?? thankyou for taking time out of your day to ponder my querie and reply in such a informative and accurate way.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks, I wonder if all the advice given on this established and reputable forum is as good as this ?? thankyou for taking time out of your day to ponder my querie and reply in such a informative and accurate way.
US Law Only!

You can't even follow the rules, and then complain when you don't like the (100% accurate) answer.

racer72

Take your $300 and buy a comparable TV to the one that broke. You have no right to economic gain because the TV broke. Those are your rights.

ecmst12

You didn't buy the insurance and it wasn't in your name, so NO you have no right to any of the insurance money. He didn't even have to give you the $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">