• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WHAT A SCREWBALL SITUATION WITH DEALERSHIP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

realgal

I live in Texas. On 2/3/01 I purchased a used car (2000), the first contract my husband and I signed had some errors, so they corrected it and we signed a new one. Apparently, the wrong contract was submitted to the lender, which they accepted. I did not notice the error. I made two payments. The dealer then noticed the error, and paid off the contract in full to the lender. We received a lien release and notice that the car was paid in full from Lender. Dealership then said, "hey, you both have to come down and sign another contract, because the lender lost the correct contract and are not willing to fund another transaction without it." The car is not what it should be, and has had several problems. The dealership also did not inform us that it was previously used as a rental car. (Not sure if this is relevant in Texas). Can we give the car back to the dealership without any fear of repercussion? We know (even though a clear title is in our names) that we did not pay for this car and cannot profit from somebody's error. However, without a contract is there anything they can do if we let them know we'd like to just return it and sign the title back over to them? Thanks for you help in advance!!

C

CoSergeant

Good Luck...

RealGal, Hope you have good luck, thank you for your info.

realgal

Does anybody know if a dealership in Texas has to disclose that the car was previously used as a rental? I found this info. out by accident when I found some papers in glove that were left behind.
Thanks for any info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">