• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mscorpio

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alaska
My uncle and I are co-owners of a vehicle. He is listed as primary owner, about a year ago he had the car towed with no attempt to contact me. After I got the vehicle out, my father and I have made several attempts to contact him via phone. And since Oct 2004 I have sent him 5 certified letters trying to resolve this, he responded to only one saying that he would take the car and I no longer would be under any obligation. He paid off the vehicle some time ago. Since then I have sent him additional certified letters and tried calling him to make arrangements to get my name removed from the title and the vehicle delivered to him. I cannot get a hold of him. He is still signing for the certified letters but still no response.
What can I do? I no longer want to hold onto the vehicle (I am not using it) since it's just taking up space and sitting there. I thought about having it towed, but I'm worried about my name being on the title.
What should my next course of action be? :confused:

JETX

mscorpio said:
What should my next course of action be?
Pretty simple. Have the vehicle towed to him.... and then try to get a receipt of delivery, or send a follow-up letter detailing the delivery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">