• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What in the world?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dock-builder

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?GA.
Replaced 18' of 140' of seawall as customer requested. We recommended against this as adjacent seawall was eroding away. Customer stated,"I know it doesn't come w/warranty I just want it done." This is a witnessed 3rd party statement. Our contract shows no verbage about a warranty. Customer inspected completed work and final payment was issued. 2 mos. later adjacent seawall washed out as predicted and took customers seawall w/it. Now customer bringing suit for us to fix washed out wall or repay monies paid by customer for work performed. Accusing that the damage to property was caused by our neglect. Help.

ecmst12

I don't know what kind of help you think you can get here. Sounds like your defense is solid. You should get a lawyer to defend you from the suit.

HomeGuru

I don't know what kind of help you think you can get here. Sounds like your defense is solid. You should get a lawyer to defend you from the suit.
**A: wait a minute. There may be liability to the contractor depending upon the exact language in the contract.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't understand how you saw it fit to specifically disclaim any warranty on the work verbally...but not put it in the contract. THAT'S going to be a problem in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">