• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wheel Order Never Filled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RogerDodger101

On April 12, 2010, I ordered a wheel and tire package from a local automotive parts dealer. I was told the order would take 3-4 weeks to be shipped out and ready for install on my vehicle.

On May 26, 2010, I became irritated waiting nearly a month and a half for a representative from the business to contact me concerning the status of my order, so I took it upon myself to do so. When I talked to a representative, he said he would get back to me in about an hour or so.

I was fully expecting my order to have been shipped and ready to go a week ago, but to my dismay he informed me that the wheels I had ordered were on back order and the chances of me getting these particular wheels any time soon were very slim. No one had contacted me with this information as they should have known weeks ago. I have lost weeks and perhaps an entire month of the enjoyment of what was to be my new wheels (I had already given the business a $200 deposit when I first ordered them back in April.)

My question is: Do I have any legal (civil, perhaps) recourse in this situation?

Thank you.

swalsh411

Your recourse would be to ask for your deposit back so you can take your business elsewhere.

It will be very difficult if not possible to prove any damages because you didn't have a new set of wheels on your car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">