• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wheels Stolen At Service Department

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BRANDY123

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My friend had his car stolen and stripped. When it was found, the insurance company decided to have it fixed. He sent it to a Dodge Dealership's Service Department and they were repairing it and put on new wheels and rims since the old ones were originally stripped off.

He just received a call from the Service Department and they informed him that the wheels and rims (the ones the Service Dept. just put on) were stollen off of his vehicle while on their lot. They were still in the process of fixing other sections of his car, he was not scheduled to pick it up. This all happened on the Dealership's property. They are telling my friend that he has to claim this with his insurance company but they will pay his copay for him. Shouldn't the dealership's insurance be responsible for the entire incidence since it happened on there property. If my friend claims this on his insurance, he will be dropped from the insurance company because it just submitted a claim a few weeks ago for theft.

Any advice will help. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">