• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

where to report fraudulent advertising?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

There is this company that says on their website that they have a 4.9/5 satisfaction rating. However, they show no evidence to prove this. On independent consumer review sites, they have nothing but negative reviews. not a single positive review.
on their website, they claim they are the biggest company in this industry. This is false. They are probably the smallest.
On their website they have 400 "testimonials". I believe these are all made up.
on their website they claim their turn-around time is 48 hours. However, they never deliver in that timeline. It's more like 5 days.
They claim they have a 100% money back guarantee, but of course if you ever have any problems they will either give you the run-around or hang up on you.

where do I report this false advertising? how can I take them out of business?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

There is this company that says on their website that they have a 4.9/5 satisfaction rating. However, they show no evidence to prove this. On independent consumer review sites, they have nothing but negative reviews. not a single positive review.
on their website, they claim they are the biggest company in this industry. This is false. They are probably the smallest.
On their website they have 400 "testimonials". I believe these are all made up.
on their website they claim their turn-around time is 48 hours. However, they never deliver in that timeline. It's more like 5 days.
They claim they have a 100% money back guarantee, but of course if you ever have any problems they will either give you the run-around or hang up on you.

where do I report this false advertising? how can I take them out of business?
LOL that's funny. YOU were the one making false claims before, but that was OK for you. Now you want to report someone else for doing it? That's laughable.

Seriously. You need to stop thinking about suing everyone and make money the old-fashioned way - by earning it.

ecmst12

I think OP is talking about his own web site and wants to make sure he's not going to get in trouble for lying to potential customers.

sandyclaus

Statistically speaking, almost 75% of all statistics are made up.

Bottom line is that you can't always believe what you read. Sometimes you actually need to VERIFY things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">