• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wheres the roof?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tony6262

What is the name of your state (onl
y U.S. law)? Galveston,Tx. I just had a new roof put on my house a year after hur. Ike, The first thing was, when I signed the contract I knew that the work may be subed out. I find out after they started the work that the sub contractor subed the job to another sub. Can they do that? Next came the rain, 4 hrs. before a rain storm was to hit, the workers started to tare off the flat roof, only to find out they did not have the materials to finish that part of the roof. Sure as You would have it ,it rained (aprox.3in.)and the water came in from every where. Needless to say 1/2 (3rooms) the house got flooded. Sheetrock come down and all. The sub that did the roof tried to fix the sheetrock also, bad move, they got run off the job because they did not know anything about sheetrock. The main contractor had to get his people to come to fix the mess.
Sheetrock done, I tell them what to paint and what color. I come home only to see that every thing I told him went in one ear and out the other. Nothing was right. I contact the owner only the feel like this whole thing is my fult.
Oh, did I say enything about the part where they used the wrong materials on the roof to start with?
Am I the bad guy here? I even went so far as to bring them something to eat the morning after the roof leak, and let them use my tools! Can I hold the last payment untill they fix all items in the contract?

Last edited:

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (onl
y U.S. law)? Galveston,Tx. I just had a new roof put on my house a year after hur. Ike, The first thing was, when I signed the contract I knew that the work may be subed out. I find out after they started the work that the sub contractor subed the job to another sub. Can they do that? Next came the rain, 4 hrs. before a rain storm was to hit, the workers started to tare off the flat roof, only to find out they did not have the materials to finish that part of the roof. Sure as You would have it ,it rained (aprox.3in.)and the water came in from every where. Needless to say 1/2 (3rooms) the house got flooded. Sheetrock come down and all. The sub that did the roof tried to fix the sheetrock also, bad move, they got run off the job because they did not know anything about sheetrock. The main contractor had to get his people to come to fix the mess.
Sheetrock done, I tell them what to paint and what color. I come home only to see that every thing I told him went in one ear and out the other. Nothing was right. I contact the owner only the feel like this whole thing is my fult.
Oh, did I say enything about the part where they used the wrong materials on the roof to start with?
Am I the bad guy here? I even went so far as to bring them something to eat the morning after the roof leak, and let them use my tools!
No, and no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">