• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who should pay for repairs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whosurmama

California~ I recently sold a used waverunner and trailer for $1000. The man(#1) who actually paid the money for it sent his mechanic to come up and look at it for him. After looking at it for close to an hour and starting it up several times, the mechanic called man#1 and than handed me the money. I drew up a bill of sale with buyers/sellers names,vins, date and amount.I had the mechanic sign it and wrote "on behalf of Man#1" under his name. I did not write sold as is. 3 days after the sale, Man#1 calls and says that there is a problem with the waverunner. I explained that we had recently taken it to the river and had no problems.I really don't know alot about the workings of the vessel so I asked him to call back that evening and speak with my husband. He didn't call back until 4 days later at which time he left a rude message saying he had put alot of money into it and was not going to be responsible for the entire amount. he wants half the costs for repairs and is threating legal action. Am I legally required to pay this? I know about full disclosure, but we really had no clue anyhting was wrong

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">