• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who's property is it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

echo02

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My husband runs a tree service and purchased a stump grinder about 3 months ago from an aquaintance that was going out of business. He took out a loan at the bank for this purchase. He also has a receipt for monies paid to this gentleman. We found out today through word of mouth that the police are now searching for this stump grinder because the previous owner defaulted on the payments. My husband had no idea there was still money owed on it before he purchased it. Does he have a legal leg to stand on or will the property simply be confiscated leaving my husband out of the money he's already paid the previous owner and still owing the bank loan?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">