• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

why can banks make errors and it's ok

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tillie304

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I received 3 notices to forward car title to new loan facility (a credit union) I found title and called to say where and when I would take it to credit union; which I did and received receipt.
I then received letter it was not received by agreed date therefore they changed terms of loan.
I called and asked why the credit union did not do as stated in first letter; which was freeze by banking privileges and was asked which letter I was sent. I was talking right to the title officer who sent letter and she did not know which one she sent me!?
I told her I was going to take this matter further because I did my part & surrendered title and got a receipt at which point she rambled on about the other branches not getting paperwork to them on time and then said that she was out and maybe it came then, at which time she asked me to to hold on while she sifted through mail and supposedly there it was and all was good.
She then said that she froze my banking privileges and had no idea why but forgot to change terms of loan so don't worry about it. I told her that the problem now was that the intent was not same as last letter of actions they said they already took! She said that according to loan agreement they can change terms of loan and the banking industry has been coming down on them about enforcing that.
I told her the point was why she then sent me something else in the very beginning. Round and round we went and all she could say was that my account freeze was lifted. Well, she was wrong because when we went to get money to pay a plumber, my MAC was still frozen. I called bank on a Friday afternoon and everyone in title dept. was gone for weekend and the regular staff could not change anything. I put the purchase on my VISA, left a message for loan office and she called me on Monday to say she had no idea what happened because when she checked it was ok.
Is it legal to do one thing, say another and leave me to sort it all out? They froze then unfroze my account and neglected to unfreeze my MAC and all she could say when she called me on Monday was that she had no idea why that happened? If you want wrong answers, this is the credit union to go.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I received 3 notices to forward car title to new loan facility (a credit union) I found title and called to say where and when I would take it to credit union; which I did and received receipt.
I then received letter it was not received by agreed date therefore they changed terms of loan.
I called and asked why the credit union did not do as stated in first letter; which was freeze by banking privileges and was asked which letter I was sent. I was talking right to the title officer who sent letter and she did not know which one she sent me!?
I told her I was going to take this matter further because I did my part & surrendered title and got a receipt at which point she rambled on about the other branches not getting paperwork to them on time and then said that she was out and maybe it came then, at which time she asked me to to hold on while she sifted through mail and supposedly there it was and all was good.
She then said that she froze my banking privileges and had no idea why but forgot to change terms of loan so don't worry about it. I told her that the problem now was that the intent was not same as last letter of actions they said they already took! She said that according to loan agreement they can change terms of loan and the banking industry has been coming down on them about enforcing that.
I told her the point was why she then sent me something else in the very beginning. Round and round we went and all she could say was that my account freeze was lifted. Well, she was wrong because when we went to get money to pay a plumber, my MAC was still frozen. I called bank on a Friday afternoon and everyone in title dept. was gone for weekend and the regular staff could not change anything. I put the purchase on my VISA, left a message for loan office and she called me on Monday to say she had no idea what happened because when she checked it was ok.
Is it legal to do one thing, say another and leave me to sort it all out? They froze then unfroze my account and neglected to unfreeze my MAC and all she could say when she called me on Monday was that she had no idea why that happened? If you want wrong answers, this is the credit union to go.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Tillie,

You're lucky if you're going to get anyone to respond to this rambling post.

I read it a few times and it just gave me a headache.:eek:

ecmst12

Last I checked, people who work at banks are human and make mistakes just like every other human on the planet. They also have bosses who can usually fix the mistakes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">