• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife signed name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momof3baldwins

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I live in GA. My wife signed my name to a furniture contract because the employee at the store told her to. Am I liable for this?

momof3baldwins

We have the furniture because they store refused to take it back. The loan was with a 3rd party finance company. They paid the furniture store for the furniture before we ever received it, and when I found out it was in my name they refused to take the furniture back. I told the finance company I did not sign the contract but they refused todo anything about it unless I filed fraud charges against my wife. She only signed my name because the lady at the store told her to. This happend July of last year. Now the finance company is suing me.

ShyCat

You need to either file a police report against your wife or accept that by not doing so you have affirmed the debt as your responsibility.

As for trying to blame the store clerk, remember what our Moms always said? "If someone told you to jump off a bridge....?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">