• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will not return deposit...is that legal!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jolli73

What is the name of your state? colorado-i made an appointment with a hairdresser and she was going to charge me close to $300 for what i needed done. she said that i needed to leave a $50 deposit to ensure my booked appt and that the money would be applied to the 300 fee. i later cancelled my appt (3 days before) and only then was told that i can not get my deposit back because she does not give refunds (she did not disclose this information prior to booking my appt) according to her contract (which i had no knowledge of and did not sign) then she said it did not matter because she had a sign on the wall. can she legally keep my money even though no services were rendered?

Last edited:

O

oopsidaisy

Absolutly, she has a business to run, and in order for her to pay the rent, her bills and MAYBE pay herself a slary, she must be booked a certain amount of hours per day.

She was counting on your $300, as she made the time available, and possibly turned away other customers. Be glad she is only charging you $50.

You should apoligize to her for making her lose money on you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">