• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

window rip off maybe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kamaccy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska
I originally called a reputable window company to put windows in my basement. The man (James) from the company came out and said that his company didn't really work on that type of window and it would cost way more than it should if I used the company. I asked him if he knew of someone (Ot) to put the windows in for me. James said he had worked with Ot and that he was excellent and had decided to start his own company.

I called Ot and he came over, measured the windows, and set up a contract with me. I paid for the windows ($1533.00) because Ot said that he had been ripped off in the passed and that he would charge for the labor when he put the windows in.

This was on January 9th 2012. In February, Ot called to tell me that the windows were in and set a date of March 24th to install. Well, here it is, March 24th. No windows, no call. When I tried to call Ot, it said the voice mail was full and not accepting any calls.

I called James, the person who recommended this guy. He said he would get in touch with Ot. However, he wasn't able to reach him either. I googled Ot and found his sister's name in people search. I called her. She said Ot was not a thief and that she would try to get in touch with him.

QUESTIONS:

If I don't get the windows, should I go to small claims court? (I have the signed contract and cancelled check.)

Should I also sue James because he recommended Ot and misrepresented the company he worked for? (James quit his job with the window company and is now a mechanic.)

Should I let the reputable window company know that James told me the company could not do this type of window?

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska
I originally called a reputable window company to put windows in my basement. The man (James) from the company came out and said that his company didn't really work on that type of window and it would cost way more than it should if I used the company. I asked him if he knew of someone (Ot) to put the windows in for me. James said he had worked with Ot and that he was excellent and had decided to start his own company.

I called Ot and he came over, measured the windows, and set up a contract with me. I paid for the windows ($1533.00) because Ot said that he had been ripped off in the passed and that he would charge for the labor when he put the windows in.

This was on January 9th 2012. In February, Ot called to tell me that the windows were in and set a date of March 24th to install. Well, here it is, March 24th. No windows, no call. When I tried to call Ot, it said the voice mail was full and not accepting any calls.

I called James, the person who recommended this guy. He said he would get in touch with Ot. However, he wasn't able to reach him either. I googled Ot and found his sister's name in people search. I called her. She said Ot was not a thief and that she would try to get in touch with him.

QUESTIONS:

If I don't get the windows, should I go to small claims court? (I have the signed contract and cancelled check.)

Should I also sue James because he recommended Ot and misrepresented the company he worked for? (James quit his job with the window company and is now a mechanic.)

Should I let the reputable window company know that James told me the company could not do this type of window?

What??? why are you freaking out ?? why don't you relax, he was only supposed to come by today, not 6 months ago...

you wont be successfully suing anybody (especially James) right now. give the guy a chance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">