• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wire transfer help - legal advice required

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dani_19355

I am a 26/m from India, working on H1B visa and living in Philadelphia.

I did a wiretransfer to a bank in india on the 28th of March from wachovia. I gave them every detail, including the swift numbers of the intermediate banks thru which the transfer goes.
1. The final destination bank in india has a tie up with Chase manhattan bank, NY to help users in US to do the transfer and pay only domestic wire fee. Inspite of giving all these details, FirstUnion/Wachovia did the transfer through a different route and different intermediate bank and charged me international fee. This is clear from the descrepency in the receipt that i have and the consolidated statement from the bank.
2. Inspite of all these, even after 18 days, the money is not in the final bank yet. The legal obligation says money should be in the final bank with in 5 days.
3. First union has refunded my transfer fee. But i dont get an answer on when i can get my money to the final bank. I have lost much more money on daily calls i make to India to do the follow up and arranging money in india thru alternte channels paying hefty intetests.

What can i do at this point ?

Thanks,
Dani

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">