• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wire Transfer Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anandp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I initiated an international wire transfer on 1/7/10 from Bank of America. By Mistake, I used my old information (which I used before to send money in same bank in India) and money came back to BOFA on 1/10/2010. BOFA did not inform me and they corrected the information (Name of Intermediate bank - Wachovia Bank, NY instead of Union Bank, NY) and resent the money. After about 10 days, when I called to Bank in India, they said they never received the payment from USA. I went into BoFA and asked them, they said, we can track and they charged $25 for tracking. After tracking, they said Money is with Indian Bank. I called almost 20 times to India, they said they never received any credit. Then they did reverse tracking from there and found that Money was with Intermediate bank. Then BoFA talked to Intermediate bank and I got credit in my account in India on 2/23/10. Due to all this delay, I had to pay about $1200 panelty in India because I could not fulfil my promise. I think the panelty, I paid was due to fault of BoFA or Intermediate bank. Can I get reimbursed? I sent the email to BoFA rep but not getting answer back.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I initiated an international wire transfer on 1/7/10 from Bank of America. By Mistake, I used my old information (which I used before to send money in same bank in India) and money came back to BOFA on 1/10/2010. BOFA did not inform me and they corrected the information (Name of Intermediate bank - Wachovia Bank, NY instead of Union Bank, NY) and resent the money. After about 10 days, when I called to Bank in India, they said they never received the payment from USA. I went into BoFA and asked them, they said, we can track and they charged $25 for tracking. After tracking, they said Money is with Indian Bank. I called almost 20 times to India, they said they never received any credit. Then they did reverse tracking from there and found that Money was with Intermediate bank. Then BoFA talked to Intermediate bank and I got credit in my account in India on 2/23/10. Due to all this delay, I had to pay about $1200 panelty in India because I could not fulfil my promise. I think the panelty, I paid was due to fault of BoFA or Intermediate bank. Can I get reimbursed? I sent the email to BoFA rep but not getting answer back.
You caused the error. You will not get reimbursed for the bank for your initial mistake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">