• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wondering if I have a case to sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coeus890

What is the name of your state? MD

I am wondering what if anything I can do about this. I didnt know where else to put this post, figured this was the most appropriate

5 years ago, I took a loan out for school from a bank. The loand became delinquent, and I settled it in 6/2002.

The bank never reported the loan as being settled, and my credit was not repaired for 2 years, until I went to buy a car and found out this was being reported as not being paid, and ober 6 months past due.

Last year, I worked with the person in charge of these loans at this bank, and via email, she confirmed for me that this was in fact paid off, and she would report it to the 3 major credit reporting agencies. She sent info to all 3 of them, and I am buying a house, and found out yesterday, it is still being reported as not paid.

Given the fair credit reporting act, and what seems to be neglengence of the credit reporting agencies and this bank, I would like to sue them since their neglengence prevented me from getting a car and other things.

Do I have a case?

thank you

djohnson

Negligience and error is two different things. Where is your liability? What did you do to make sure it was taken off? Did you follow up? Have you even contacted the credit agencies reporting it? Why would you not follow up after the car again and let it go on for so long again. How do you know they received information from the bank? Even if you could sue for this, which I think would be a waste, the burden of proof would be on you to prove all of this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">