• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wont cover warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

forrest smith

What is the name of your state? virginia,
i purchased a motor through trak auto last year; recon supplies trak auto w/ their engines. well trak auto has gone out of business and recon tells me that the engine that i bought( wich is having problems) was the wrong engine. i ordered a slant six boat motor and they sold me a slant six truck engine; by looking at it , there is no difference. now recon will not honor the 3 year warranty or replace or refund my money. they tell me that it was trak auto's fault and that im stuck with it. i feel like trak auto was a rep for recon and should still be liable for the engine. can i do anything about this?

F

forrest smith

If no one knows, then does anyone know whom else i can ask?

JETX

"now recon will not honor the 3 year warranty or replace or refund my money."
*** Unless the warranty was offered by recon, they are correct. Simply, they (recon) has no contractual obligation to you. They simply provided the product (engine) to another party and THAT party was who you contracted with. The fact that the warrantor (auto trak) has ceased operation does not transfer their obligation to the recon. Your case, if you have one, is against auto trak.

"they tell me that it was trak auto's fault and that im stuck with it."
*** Correct.

"i feel like trak auto was a rep for recon and should still be liable for the engine. can i do anything about this?"
*** Your 'feeling' is incorrect. There is no residual obligation by the supplier due to the sellers failure. They (auto trak) was not acting as an 'agent' for their supplier.

F

forrest smith

The warranty was issued by recon on their engine, trak auto just sold me the wrong one?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">