• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wont refund my 100.00

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi I hope im in the right area for this. About a month ago I put 100 down on a mattress set. It was a layaway set up. Well My husband found a better set cheaper. So today i called to ask for my money and they told me I had to use it as credit. So my husband told her ( the girl i did everything with) that we didnt want anything. Next she says she had to special order the mattress. When i was in there she said she had it in stock and I had a friend with me who also knew this girl outside of her workplace. So the receipt says special orders cannot be returned. Nothing about being refunded. Only items financed through a bank were non returnable and refundable. I did not finance. I chose the layaway. She said she didnt have the number to the owner only his address. I asked for their legal representation and she didnt know the number.

All I know is that if the receipt doesnt say it cant be refunded than they should give me my money back??

How do I handle this?? Can I get my money back?

JETX

All I know is that if the receipt doesnt say it cant be refunded than they should give me my money back??
Sorry, but that is not how it works. Your purchase was a contract. As such, and absent a breach on their part (failure to deliver, etc.), there is no obligation for the other party (seller in this case) to return anything to you. A merchant refund is purely a courtesy.... an attempt at 'good will' and customer satisfaction.

I suggest you either try POLITELY to negotiate a refund or find something you want in that store to apply the credit to (if they are still willing to offer it).

Sorry, but that is not how it works. Your purchase was a contract. As such, and absent a breach on their part (failure to deliver, etc.), there is no obligation for the other party (seller in this case) to return anything to you. A merchant refund is purely a courtesy.... an attempt at 'good will' and customer satisfaction.

I suggest you either try POLITELY to negotiate a refund or find something you want in that store to apply the credit to (if they are still willing to offer it).

I never signed anything. And they told me it says on the receipt they cant refund, which says I paid 100 cash and what balance was left on the bed which was right in the store. But the receipt does not say No refunds. Only on financed. I didnt finance. Its a local owned business and I left a message for the owner. If I got the right number from information.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I never signed anything. And they told me it says on the receipt they cant refund, which says I paid 100 cash and what balance was left on the bed which was right in the store. But the receipt does not say No refunds. Only on financed. I didnt finance. Its a local owned business and I left a message for the owner. If I got the right number from information.
None of that matters. There is no requirement that your money be refunded due to a breach by YOU.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">