• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work truck stolen from emission repair shop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frank Roarty

What is the name of your state? NJ : My truck was kept in emission repair shop 15 days due to emission test equipment failure. 4 hours after finally getting an inspection sticker it was stolen from in front of the facility where it was left unlocked with keys in it by the repair technician. He watched a blond haired person drive it away because he knew "the customer" paid for the previous day and assumed it was me! This was early June. the propritor stalled me for a month waiting for me to find stolen vehicle report or the truck to be found and did not file claim for 5 weeks. His insurance never contacted me until I threatened to filed suit. they wanted to give me 3k for a 91 dodge 1/2 ton, not pay me for tools or truck boxes and wanted my power of attorney with the truck title! I immediatley filed for 6k for truck tools and 1.2k in lost wages. The insurance company lawer denied my complaint just before it defaulted without specifics. I expect they won't contact me again untill night before court date. My question is what should the judge approve or disapprove on my claim? Should I be willing to settle for less?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">