• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Item Received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jitterbug27

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ontario, Canada

I purchased a TV from The Brick here in Ontario. When I picked it up from the warehouse, apparently, the warehouse guys gave me the wrong TV. Same manufacturer, same display type and same size, but wrong model. The model they gave me was worth much more. I called two days later and told them I had a different model than the one I purchased. They said they'd put a notation on the file for warranty purposes. 8 days later they called and said they want it back. I told them it's not my fault and I even called back to let them know. They threatened to sick collections on me if I didn't exchange it. My problem is that I mounted the TV and had to drill a hole in the stand to make it fit right. I've configured this TV and used it for a week. Do I have any rights to tell them no on the grounds its their error?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">