• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong name on auto contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Monkey dust

What is the name of your state? GA

Three weeks ago I purchased a new "company" vehicle. That is to say that my company of which I am the CEO will be paying for the vehicle. When I was at the dealership "comparison shopping", I explained not only to the sales person but also to the finance manager that this WOULD be a company vehicle.

When I decided to do business with this dealership, the sales person was extremely helpful. Since they were about 1 1/2 hours away, she agreed to meet my half way with the paperwork.

I pointed-out that the contract was incorrect. It had my name down as buyer instead of my business. Not only was the name wrong. They also had my personal address instead of the business address. The sales person knew that I had said that this would be a company vehicle. The vehicle that I was trading was also a company vehicle, the title, tag, and loan account was in the company name. She said she would have the finance manager straighten this out. Since I didn't hear anything from them, I assumed every thing was now in order.

I just got my first paper work from the finance company. My name and personal address is the only name on it.

My question is, what can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">