• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Business Practice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mreiland

What is the name of your state? Texas

I recently had my car worked on by a friend of my parents.
This car has been sent back to him twice He was supposed to put a new transmission in it , after we got the car home again it started doing the same thing it did when I took it to him to fix, he repairs other peoples cars as an extra way to earn income and does . He is not a certified mechanic and runs his little side business out of his home. The first time I had paid him $200 for another transmission as well as the 200 he had charged me before than for labor. This second time , He had another transmission put into it and I was also told that something else had to be replaced but that he would only charge me $30 , So today we picked up the car and he slapped us with a $200 bill for labor. all in all I guess we have paid $600 for the problems with my car. ( cheap I know compared to what I might have been charged by a mechanic) My question is WHen you take a car to a mechanic are they not obligated to fix the problem the first time?
I feel it was unlawful to be charged twice for something that should have been fixed the first time. The only evidence I have of the money I paid are the Detailed receipts. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">