• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yorkie pup & pet shop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1Kumiko

CALIFORNIA

I bought a 6 week old Yorkshire Terrier from a pet shop & everything that was "required" by law, but now the store doesn't want to grant a refund for the dog's negative reaction to the products they recommended.

The sales person stated that law required I buy dog food & a rebound with the purchase of the puppy. She suggested Wild-Wetlands, supposedly the same food they were giving him.

Problem: The dog initially rejected the food; the store responded with it was normal. After he finally ate the food, he has gotten seriously constipated in several occasions in the 2 weeks. I'm positive it is the food, & a representative from another pet store confirmed that food is designed for older dogs. I stop the food, & the puppy is doing fine now. But the store doesn't want to grant a rebound or exchange.

Is it true that it's required by law to buy dog food w/the purchase of any dog?
Do I have any rights if they made it obligatory to buy a product that result harmful to my dog?
:(

It's not about the $, but if I have rights & what they did is wrong, want to enforce my rights.

I appreciate your adivce! :)
Patty

Antigone*

CALIFORNIA

I bought a 6 week old Yorkshire Terrier from a pet shop & everything that was "required" by law, but now the store doesn't want to grant a refund for the dog's negative reaction to the products they recommended.

The sales person stated that law required I buy dog food & a rebound with the purchase of the puppy. She suggested Wild-Wetlands, supposedly the same food they were giving him.

Problem: The dog initially rejected the food; the store responded with it was normal. After he finally ate the food, he has gotten seriously constipated in several occasions in the 2 weeks. I'm positive it is the food, & a representative from another pet store confirmed that food is designed for older dogs. I stop the food, & the puppy is doing fine now. But the store doesn't want to grant a rebound or exchange.

Do I have any rights if they made it obligatory to buy a product that result harmful to my dog?
:(

It's not about the $, but if I have rights & what they did is wrong, want to enforce my rights.

I appreciate your adivce! :)
Patty
You should ask the pet shop owner to cite the law for you. I've never heard of one.

JETX

No.

Do I have any rights if they made it obligatory to buy a product that result harmful to my dog
Not really. You had every right to refuse their 'demand'... or at least to make them show you the basis for their 'obligation'.

Now, with that out of the way, I suspect that the REAL story is that this is not a law, but very likely is a stipulation in their purchase agreement... that you accepted when you signed the agreement. If that is in fact the case, then you have no claim against them.

divona2000

...I bought a 6 week old Yorkshire Terrier from a pet shop...The sales person stated that law required I buy dog food...She suggested Wild-Wetlands...The dog initially rejected the food...a representative from another pet store confirmed that food is designed for older dogs...
I just wanted to note, if you are referring to "Taste of the Wild-Wetlands Canine" dog food, it is for pups, adults, and seniors. The rep from the competing pet store is incorrect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">