• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Youtube contest.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JHaleIT

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

If I legitimately won a giveaway contest on youtube (With proof of winning) and never recieving the prize can I sue to get that prize? Thank you.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

If I legitimately won a giveaway contest on youtube (With proof of winning) and never recieving the prize can I sue to get that prize? Thank you.

You've given us absolutely no relevant details.

Terms and Conditions? State/country where the other party is located?

JHaleIT

The terms was in the description and in the video. All I had to do was this:

**DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED** download there, send the code in the video to me on Youtube IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE and you will basically WIN... :)
The first to send the code would get the prize. I was the first viewer and posted first as well. I have proof of it all. I'm not sure what country the person lives at.

Proserpina

The terms was in the description and in the video. All I had to do was this:

The first to send the code would get the prize. I was the first viewer and posted first as well. I have proof of it all. I'm not sure what country the person lives at.

Please type out the terms and conditions.

And please figure out where the actual person lives.

And what proof exactly do you have that your entry was the first received?

sandyclaus

Just in case no one else noticed, I'm pretty sure that YouTube wasn't the entity running the contest. It would have had to be the person who posted that video. You'll have to refer to the specific Terms and Conditions provided with that person's contest video. The laws of that person's home country would likely be applicable to any claim OP may wish to pursue.

Proserpina

Just in case no one else noticed, I'm pretty sure that YouTube wasn't the entity running the contest. It would have had to be the person who posted that video. You'll have to refer to the specific Terms and Conditions provided with that person's contest video. The laws of that person's home country would likely be applicable to any claim OP may wish to pursue.

The word "scam" comes to mind.

;)

JHaleIT

I've actually submitted to about 4 contests. The YouTube User didn't have any views at the time of me doing the contests. I subscribed and was the first viewer and everything. I have pictures and all to back my claims. I've even posted comments in his videos and he removed them all.

The terms to be the winner was to download a video that had a code to send him in PM and the first to do it received the prize. No hidden terms or anything like that. The video showed him showing off the prizes and him saying that it was him holding the contest.

If you search with youtube with "MacBook Pro Giveaway 2013! Worth $4000(OPEN) Free!!!!" you will see the video.

Proserpina

I've actually submitted to about 4 contests. The YouTube User didn't have any views at the time of me doing the contests. I subscribed and was the first viewer and everything. I have pictures and all to back my claims. I've even posted comments in his videos and he removed them all.

The terms to be the winner was to download a video that had a code to send him in PM and the first to do it received the prize. No hidden terms or anything like that. The video showed him showing off the prizes and him saying that it was him holding the contest.

If you search with youtube with "MacBook Pro Giveaway 2013! Worth $4000(OPEN) Free!!!!" you will see the video.

I'm beginning to think this is a very lame attempt to advertise ...

JHaleIT

How am I a fool? Just do the survey and when finished u download the code and send it. Just like he said in the video and I did exactly what was described to do.

justalayman

The terms to be the winner was to download a video that had a code to send him in PM and the first to do it received the prize. No hidden terms or anything like that. The video showe.
the prize patrol is on their way to your house as we speak. If they don't show up by March, come on back and let us know.

racer72

Generally in cases like this, your damages would be your costs associated with entering the contest. How much did it cost to enter?

BL

Poleeze ....

Do we have trolls ,or just plain rednecks ?

Type in the code ,you might receive coke rewards,or recycle bank points , of which you could redeem for Club Pogo.

Try it . :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">