• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Zdpi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marie10

What is the name of your state? NJ
Hi Guys,
I'm not sure if I've posted this on the correct forum, please could I have some advice regarding an incorrect charge on my Verizon phone bill?
The date of the alleged call is Dec 3 2002. Apparently, the operater called my home to ask for authorization for the call to be charged to my account. Neither myself or my husband would have authorized a call to California (we know no-one there!). As soon as I saw this on my Dec 02 phone bill I queried it with ZDPI and asked for proof (name or voice recording) of the person who authorized the call. They cannot provide this but also will not give me a credit. All they said was they have noted my decision not to pay the bill (it is only $9). The last communication I had with them was in April 2003, in the meantime, the charge appears every month on my Verizon phone bill.

I do not want to pay this on principal, but what do you think my next action should be? or should I just pay it and have done with it? Can ZDPI take any further action without my knowledge (for example, can they place a lien on my home?). Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">