• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abuse, Slander, Copyright/Trademark Infringement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cygnostik

I'm really not sure what to think about this. Looks to me like I'm just being harrased by young cocky jerks with really bad attitudes, looks to me like I don't have anything to worry about, but I'd like to be sure I'm not overlooking anything:

I've had spam sent to me many times by a group in Indiana that helps get indy 'artists' names out.

Over the course of a year they sent several messages. Every time I asked not to be bothered. This last time I got more serious, told them I would report their spam without missing a detail this time, and place notice of the activity on my web site.

I am in California, and go by California law, regarding spam. Which seems to be the way to go according to California Business and Professions Code (17538.4 and 17538.45).

The remark about this group placed on my site is:

House of Jordan are spammers. The music sucks too.

Which they are, and I genuinly think they do... The word spammers links to the unsolicited mail I got from them.

Now, their lawyer made an inept attempt to get in touch, but didn't leave any means of contact in his voicemail. They've been pretty crazed, mad, rude, and flat out vulger and insulting over the whole thing (not that I was friendly, to begin with) with a list of "My offenses" that I still can't make sense of... They include slander, copyright & trademark 'violation' etcetc... Mostly all said with such poor english skills I can't understand what they are trying to say.

Any thoughts?

They are: www.houseofjordan.com
My site in question is: www.ebm-radio.com
The comment in question is in the news/updates at the topleft of the ebm-radio main page.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">