• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accessories of Brand Name Products

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atozcom

What is the name of your state? CA,

I make and sell accessories for a brand name product with a register trademark. Let's say the company that produces this product is Bigguy Instrument Inc and the product is model OTA-124. Bigguy Instrument Inc, OTA-124 are both registered trademark. Let's say if I make a power adapter and I list my product as:

AC Power adapter for Bigguy OTA-124
or
Bigguy OT-124 compatible AC power adapter.

1) Will this violate the registered trademark of Bigguy Instrument Inc?

2) If I take a pictures of the Bigguy OTA-124 with my AC power adpater to be include in my advertizement and web site, will this violate copyright, or registered trademark of Bigguy Instrument Inc.

V

Veronica01

You cannot use Bigguy OT-124 as a name or part of a name of your product. Your product must have a different name, say Smallguy AD-1 adapter. Consult with an attorney for proper protection if you wish to associate your product with Bigguy OT-124.

Good luck

atozcom

Let me clarify my question

I am not using Bigguy OT-123 as part of the product name of my product.

Let say, my product, Smallguy AC-2, an ac power adapter.

If I list my product as:

Smallguy AC-2, AC Power adapter for Bigguy OTA-124

Will this violate registered trademark for Bigguy Instrument Inc?

V

Veronica01

Your description

Smallguy AC-2, AC Power adapter for Bigguy OTA-124

makes your product exlusive to Bigguy OTA-124. That might generate an objection from Bigguy. You still have to verify if the Bigguy company has an exclusive right to produce, or to market peripherals to their OTA-124. Also, do not forget the suffix (TM) such as OTA-124(TM) with a reference that Bigguy owns that trademark. Find an attorney or a patent agent to help you out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">