• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of copyright infringement! Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fivestarsw

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am getting charges of breaking copyright laws. The lawyer is asking me to send copies of the products I am selling which consists of ebooks and a software product. The website contained information which they felt was violating their copyrights and selling their product. In fact, I was not selling the product but the title and image on the site appeared like I was.

It was a terrible mistake on my part for misleading visitors about the product but I am NOT reselling their product. What can I do to protect myself? He is asking me for a letter stating my case and a copy of all the products.

He says damages could be actual or statutory.

I need help!!!

racer72

Remove the site and stay low. Once they have seen that your site is down they should back off. Replying can be seen as an admission of guilt that can and will be used against you, if need be. Many companies are very aggressive in protecting their property, unless you have deep pockets, you do not want to mess with them.

F

fivestarsw

My ebooks are the products that are the ones in question. He is now "assuming" that my software also contains copyrighted material. He has NO RIGHT to assume that.

If I bring down my software website, I will lose a lot of money. I have already removed ANY and ALL references to the ebooks. Do you think this is enough?

In the letter, he is giving me some deadline of 7 days to respond to his letter with my letter explaining everything.

Please help! I do NOT have deep pockets. I am just a small home business on the side.

Thanks

G

georgedoc

I Can help with copyright infringement

I teach on the subject regarding how to win on this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeGuru

Re: I Can help with copyright infringement

georgedoc said:
I teach on the subject regarding how to win on this subject.

**A: so what. If you have specifc advice for the writer then post it. Otherwise do not post anything.

Last edited:
N

nothedoctor

I would suggest to them that "you do not give" things to anyone, and that they order whatever it is that is available, and then determine if there is a problem, and exactley what they determine the problem is... Or is this to much common sence to work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">