• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aggragate info from several sites to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djsted

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

If I collect ideas on 'best practices' in a given category (dog training, seo, dress shopping, etc) and create a 'how-to' multimedia presentation
with this information - AND QUOTE NO ONE - can I sell the presentation?
Can I acknowledge which sources I derived my ideas from - so to give my presentation more credibility?

Many, if not all, of the methods/ideas/how-to's can be found in both books and websites

Do i need to have attributes for each idea?

thanks so much.
Mike

Last edited:

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

If I collect ideas on 'best practices' in a given category (dog training, seo, dress shopping, etc) and create a 'how-to' multimedia presentation
with this information - AND QUOTE NO ONE - can I sell the presentation?
Can I acknowledge which sources I derived my ideas from - so to give my presentation more credibility?

Many, if not all, of the methods/ideas/how-to's can be found in both books and websites

Do i need to have attributes for each idea?

thanks so much.
Mike
So long as what you are collecting is "just the facts," and not merely cutting-and-pasting bits and pieces from other sources, you can put together and sell such a presentation. Facts, and steps to accomplish something (like ingredients and steps in a recipes, or instructions on how to do something) are not themselves copyrightable -- but the way they are written, the design and layout of a page, any opinion or other commentary, all of that can be copyrighted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">