• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Archive copies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Renegade

What is the name of your state? IL

I have been involved with a karaoke business for the past year. In our business we use CDG's(CD's with the capability to put graphics on a TV with the proper player) that cost anywhere from twice to three times as much as regular CD's. The question is: Is there something within the law or in a previous court case that would allow me to burn a copies to be used in my show while the originals stay at home? The copies would be on a one to one basis(no multiple copies) and would not be sold, given away, or duplicated again for another show. Any reference to particular court cases would be welcome.

C

CaliCat

I believe you are allowed to make one set of backup copies, but the copies are obviously not to be used for any other purpose other than to be backups in case the originals break or become damaged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">