• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

artwork

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greatnate1988

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
Would like to know if i purchase a business do all of the belongings of that business belong to me and is it my decresion what i choose to do with the contents of said business? Example: I own a screen printing and embroidery business in Arkansas, I am being asked, by people who have paid the previous owner of the business a fee for digitizing a company logos, to give them the file with the company logo on it so they can take their business elsewhere. Do I have to give them the file seeing as how the previous owner of the business filed bankruptcy and I purchased all contents from the bank?

xylene

Tell them

"I'm sorry I can't find that file. I think that I don't have time to look for it for free. You are going to have to pay me to spend that time (and unspoken but implied or get a court to order me to find it.)"

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
Would like to know if i purchase a business do all of the belongings of that business belong to me and is it my decresion what i choose to do with the contents of said business? Example: I own a screen printing and embroidery business in Arkansas, I am being asked, by people who have paid the previous owner of the business a fee for digitizing a company logos, to give them the file with the company logo on it so they can take their business elsewhere. Do I have to give them the file seeing as how the previous owner of the business filed bankruptcy and I purchased all contents from the bank?
The answer to this question depends on what contract the customers have with the former owner, and what contract you and the former owner negotiated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">