• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attorneypages.com

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

derekcollins

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I bought a t-shirt for a website to get member access for another website that contained material that was copy written that could be downloaded for free. I did not upload or share any material at all. The website got busted for copyright infringment and on the website the person who owns the material is going to sue everybody that bought a tshirt for contributory infringement. Are there anything that I can do? Again I did not upload or share any material tall. I only bought a tshirt.

The tshirt had nothing to do with the infringment. I only purchased the tshirt so I could have membership access to the website. I only had access to the website as a member for 1 week before the website got busted for copyright infringment. I did not download or upload or share any material at all. I did not reproduce the material as well. I only bought a tshirt that had notthing to do with the copyright to gain access to the members area of the website. That is all that I did.

FlyingRon

Can you repeat the question in English?
The word is CopyRIGHT.
To prove that they have to show you KNEW (or should have reason to known) about the infringement and that you materially participated. Just being a patron of an infringing site isn't going anywhere. They can't sue you as a class anyhow, so unless you get named in a suit, ignore them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">