• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Audio recording of a list

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oregeon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
Hello,
Two questions: 1) I wish to research and compile a list and make an audio recording of it. My research will be from other similar lists (some copyrighted but mostly not) available on the internet. Can I copyright this audio recording since I am deriving my list from several such lists? Also, can I sell this recording without a copyright.
2) Stories like Gilgamesh, Bible stories etc are available for free all over the internet. Can I make audio recording of such stories since they are not copyrighted to anyone and sell it?

Thank you so much for your help

FlyingRon

Found on the internet does not equate to no copyright.
You can copyright your expression of work, but if the underlying work is also copyright you need permission of the owner.
Most bible translations ARE copyright protected as are many of the translations of the sumerian works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">