• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

book composed of "copyrighted?" responses to letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

claybo5

i live in florida. if i was going to send copies of a letter i've written across the country and then compose a book created from the responses to the letter, could i get by with stating in the letter that anything sent back to me gives me the rights to use it in the book? or would i be required to have a signed legal form accompaning the response giving me permission to use it? i know that reader's digest pays for anything they use, but do they also send the person a legal form to sign? needless to say, it would be easier and better to include a paragraph in the letter than to have a legal form with a lot of fine print and legal terms that would scare off most people, but would it hold up in court? any help on this matter would be appreciated. thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">