• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Book Publisher used image output from my software.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

Send them a cease and desist letter.
File a DMCA takedown to whoever is hosting their site.

If that doesn't work, you'll need a lawyer. Infringement actions are not tried in the court of YouTube.

Mass_Shyster

I have a situation where a major book company, Arcadia Publishing, has used the output of my software program to promote their website. I know this is a software license issue but copyrights are also involved.

I have created a YouTube video to state my case:
YouTube - Arcadia Publishing Questionable Practices
Simply using the output from your software is, by itself, not actionable. If it was, Microsoft could claim ownership of any document produced with Microsoft Word.

You have brought up other valid concerns in your video. I don't think other people's opinions are going to help you much. You need to have your attorney review everything to see if you have a valid claim.

There's also the possibility that they had their own graphic artist draw the map and plot the locations on that map.

escape

You are correct about your claim about Microsoft. However those programs have file access so you can upload and save documents. My program has no such utility so you have to go in and modify the code to make changes as they have done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">