• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Book rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silviasilvia

Hi Everyone

I'm not from the US and the registry form wouldn't accept my post code for the UK. I just wanted to know if this would be considered a legal contract? I wrote a book with a friend and now she doesn't want anything to do with the book and I'm trying to get her to sign over all rights and full ownership of the book to me. I wrote the contract myself as I've no money for a lawyer. I would be very appreciative if someone would answer this question. Names have not been added yet. Here is what I wrote:

I “the person’s name” give “my name” all rights and full ownership of the book “The ?????? ?????? ??? book” and all the contents of said book to do as “my name” pleases.

Sign name: ______________________
Print name: _____________________
Print address: ___________________

Thanks in advance,
Silvia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">