• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bracing for trouble after I quit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abused artist

Hello all. Sadly my job as a graphic artist for hire has become intollerable . My boss has cut my hours to a point that I can not accept. He will not fire ( he has as much told me in the past because he will never pay the added penalty) I have seen other employees " frozen out " in the past and quit, now I guess it's may turn. The clients we have adore me and love my work. I think I can go out on my own and make a go of it.

He is the kind to try and take action against me when he discovers that I am now his competition. I wouldn't be surprised to get a cease and desist letter on the first day. I would like to protect myself if I can. I cannot afford to defend a law suit but he can afford to bring one.

I have been a straight W2 employee, no contract or non competitive agreement.
I have no intention of using any of his marketing verbage or price list. I will be calling on the clients that we work with and I would like to show samples of my work I have done while working for this company.
What kind of trouble can he cause me? Thanks in Advance

Mass_Shyster

Sorry , it's the state of Connecticut
You should probably consult a local attorney. He can probably sue you for stealing his artwork, as you have no legal rights to it. You may be able to get around that by getting copies from your clients. Maybe not. Like I said, see a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">