• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brand Name and Marketing Plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hleopacheco

California - In 1988 I was approached to develop a Beer Brand Name and Marketing Plan by an Independent Beverage Company. I then formed a 3 person partnership, developed the Brand Name and Trageted Marketing Plan.

During this time one of the partners took the idea and went out on his own and has manufactured, produced and attempted to trademark the Brand. He formed a corporation with 5 other individuals. I want to know what I can do to defend my rights to my ideas and what are the remedies. :confused:

Last edited:

C

counsel

Trademark rights only arise when you USE the name in commerce. So if you came up with the trademark, but no one used it, then you probably don't have a trademark infringement lawsuit.

However, you very well may have a potential lawsuit for breach of contract, fraud, and perhaps interference with business relations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">