• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mo' monee

What is the name of your state? I am in Washington state, but my question pertains to the state of California. I was under contract with a new label which never released my completed album. He was suposed to release two albums per year. I was signed with him for two years, with a three year option. I sent to him, in writing, that I wanted a copy of my completed album, he never responded. He is in breach, do I have rights to project, without payment to him?

JETX

And whether the label is REQUIRED to release it. It is possible that the label has decided that the album has little or no commercial value.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mo' monee said:

"I was under contract with a new label which never released my completed album."

================================

Top Ten Signs Your Record Won't Sell - -

NUMBER 10: You think "R&B" stands for "Roast & Beef."

NUMBER 9: Your only experience with music this year was getting your tongue stuck in the CD player.

NUMBER 8: All your love ballads contain the phrase "lactose-intolerant."

NUMBER 7: Sticker on your CD reads, "Parental warning: this record sucks."

NUMBER 6: Your band has no guitars, but plenty of bagpipes.

NUMBER 5: Critics agree: your CD makes a great drink coaster.

NUMBER 4: Record stores keep your CD in a section called "Unlistenable Crap."

NUMBER 3: Your backup singers are barking dogs.

NUMBER 2: When you call your agent, you get a recording of him singing show tunes.

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Sign Your Record Won't Sell - -

Your band consists of you, your Uncle Bob, and his touch-tone phone.

IAAL

C

CaliCat

LOL, IAAL!

Yes, did the contract require releasing to the public or just recording them?

JETX

CaliCat: Your 'advertisement' in your signature line is in violation of the forums 'Terms and Conditions of Use':
"You agree that you will NOT use the FreeAdvice Forum to post any advertisement, chain letter, solicitation or other commercial message."
and
"You agree that if you violate any of the foregoing terms and conditions you will pay FreeAdvice $250 for each posting that violates such terms and conditions."

I politely suggest you revise your signature line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">